The king of casino card tables is a game of probability and skill – online blackjack. Once you grasp it, it becomes a profitable venture. With multiple variants of the game, each one tests your luck and raises interest. The goal behind all versions is similar - beat the dealer’s hand. Without going over, players want 21, which is Blackjack.
500% up to $500
150% up to C$200
100% up to $200
What you need to know to start playing Blackjack
A blackjack online game works as it does at a brick and mortar casino, except that you are in your comfort zone. You need a hand that gets 21 – or as close as possible. Casinos use between one to various numbers of decks, depending on which version is played. While multiple versions make reaching 21 more interesting, the core rules remain the same. If you are new to the game, consider playing the best online blackjack Canada at trusted online casinos listed at LoopX.
Canada Blackjack variations
Classic – casinos use from 1 – 8 decks with both dealer and player receiving 2 cards. The dealer’s 1 is face down while both your cards are face up. Players have a blackjack when they have a face value of 10 and an Ace. You also win when you get a higher card value than the dealer, and lose when exceeding 21, which is a bust.
European – get familiar with this variant as it is the most popular found at most casinos online. Only 2 decks are used and dealers get one face-up. Only after players decide on which direction they would take – stand, double, split or hit, the dealer deals his next card.
American – it’s an expansion of European version where dealers can win when getting blackjack from first dealt cards. Here splitting is allowed multiple times and doubled down on all hands.
Classic Blackjack Gold – get 21 or lower when the casino dealer’s hand is higher or lower than 21.
Multi-hand Gold – intriguing but only viable when you know blackjack as a bet of up to five hands simultaneously is possible.
Spanish 21 – while cards are dealt with 8 decks – all the 10 cards are stripped from the deck. It’s a dangerous game for players with an increased house edge. Dealers are also allowed to peek at hands but players have an opportunity to win with an increased late surrender and insurance options added at this time.
Double Exposure – an equal playing field for players with dealer’s cards face up.
Atlantic City – is like generic blackjack games except here double down is allowed after splitting while dealers must stand on soft 17. It is played using 8 decks and insurance can be taken or re-split cards 3 times.
Vegas Strip – widely played an online game where the dealer can peek at a whole card while standing on soft 17. Here players can split up to 3 times again and doubling down is also allowed when you have split aces. It is played with 4 decks.
When anyone wants to master a game, know its lingo. Understanding terminology is half-way to winning any game. You will be puzzled with games when not acquainted with its terms. The most common ones are listed below:
- Stand – don’t draw another card
- Hit – draw again by indicating that you want to add more
- Split – a pair of cards become two hands
- Side bets – these bets are played before your cards are dealt. It usually involves your hand plus common bet types like triple 7s, perfect pairs, etc. chips are placed in a relevant box beside your main bets on the table
- Bust – you drew cards valued of 21+ which means you lose. If the dealer busts, you are the winner irrespective of lower value of your hand
- Insurance – safeguard your hand against potential blackjack from the dealer. It is available when an ace is the dealer’s face-up card and the version offers an insurance option
- Surrender – players choose to forfeit half of their bet when it looks like a losing hand which will minimize losses
- Push – you and the dealer have a tie with the same hand value. Your bet is returned
- Double Down – quality cards require a raised bet with double down. Double your wager as you will receive an additional card. You receive only one extra when doubling down
Blackjack Tips Strategies
The game is easier to comprehend when you know when to stand or when hits are appropriate. Both skilled blackjack players and novices benefit from additional blackjack strategy and tricks.
- When the split isn’t an option, play toward combined value.
- Hit when your hand doesn’t allow for doubling down
- Strategize by checking a casino’s blackjack table game’s different types of bets before you start.
- Skip the expense by playing blackjack online for fun. It will enable you to familiarize yourself with finer details to hone your skills.
The difference between the variations brings additional rules that you should be aware of. To maximize winnings at a blackjack online casino, try to tick as many of these boxes below to find a game that works in your favour.
- Soft 17 – must the dealer stand or hit
- Blackjack payback – is the payback 3:2 when you get a blackjack or is it lower?
- Card splits – the more times that you split, the greater the winning opportunities. One split works against you
- Surrender specifics – you want surrender opportunity with some games allowing early surrenders
- Doubling rules – liberal doubling helps, most games have limited doubling opportunity
Real Money Blackjack or Free Blackjack?
Most casinos give players an opportunity to access blackjack online free. While you can improve skills and practise your strategy, it isn’t until you risk your funds to have fun. Try popular variants for playing for free, see what works before you access one of our recommended online blackjack Canada casinos.
Best Online Blackjack Sites
- JackpotCity is Canada’s hottest casino with a $1600 bonus. Software from Microgaming ensures superior quality gaming with 40 different blackjack game variations. Canadian players have free play options before venturing to real money blackjack. Also, they have access to the tournaments, multi-hand options and high roller games in various special bets like payouts of 10:1.
- Spin Casino Canada offers a $1000 welcome bonus. As an established platform, Canadians have 24/7/365 support, a great banking system and outstanding games selection. Industry-leading software developers like Microgaming make sure that you have more than 40 variants of blackjack, including live blackjack.
- Yukon Gold Casino gives players 125 chances to win with a $10 deposit. While most casinos prefer that you bet your bonus on slots, Yukon gives you 125 chances on one of their famous blackjack games.
- gives players a 100% matching bonus of up to $100 and 100 free spins. Take your winnings to one of the top variations including Vegas Strip, European, Atlantic City or Classic Gold Blackjack.
- Zodiac Casino requires a $1 deposit for 80 chances to become a winner. Download the software and play proggressive slots including Mega Moolah. If slots are your way to spin when taking a break from table games, you have more than 550 top choices here. Mobile blackjack versions on Zodiac are played at a minimum of $1 making it affordable for all bankrolls.
What kind of bonuses can you get?
Access the best online blackjack casinos listed on LoopX for welcome bonuses to boost your bankroll. You do not want a free spins bonus when you intend to play blackjack. When free spins are offered, use them to add funds to play blackjack online. A matching welcome bonus or a no deposit bonus are two of the top options to be credited to your account. With matching bonuses, players get a percentage of what they deposit. Often a 100% matching deposit, you get $50 when depositing $50.