500% up to $500
150% up to C$200
100% up to $200
The History Of Roulette
The origins of it are mysterious. The most popular answer is that the wheel was created by a French math wizard in the 17th century. But, history shows that similar versions have been played years back. Such versions include the Chinese board with numbers that total 666, as well as Roman’s game of spinning a shield or a chariot.
Regardless, what’s certain is that France takes the credit. That’s evident by the name, as well as the history. In the 17th century, there were two options called Roly Poly and Even-Odd. Even though it was illegal to gamble at the time, people considered this as a brilliant and fun idea to play for real money.
The version played by aristocrats and royals in Europe in the late 18th century is very similar to the French one that we are playing today. However, in addition to this version from history, casinos that have online roulette for real money in their gaming lists often promote other versions, too.
Different Roulette Types on the Market
When you play the roulette wheel online, you can expect to find many different variations of it. The top three versions that CAN players prefer today are French, European, and American roulette. In addition, it is played in different formats like multiplayer roulette.
Playing the European version is not only a chance to earn a fortune but also one of the most entertaining games. In it, you can put bets on numbers 1 through 36. There’s a single zero, an option that makes the winning odds slightly higher than with the American variant.
To play it, you place your bets and wait for the ball to drop onto a number. If it drops onto one of the numbers you’ve picked, you win some money.
In the American variant, there are two zeros. This gives the casino higher chances for profit, but in most online casino roulette varieties today, there’s a single zero to play.
This variant is entertaining because of the unique way of playing. Each player gets colour chips with a specified value to place on the selected numbers.
This is one of the oldest casino options ever, often regarded as the queen of casino games. Those who enjoy the simplicity and love traditional games consider this to be the best online roulette. Similar to the European version, the French version has only one zero. However, in this variant, you have fewer betting options.
This version implies gambling on multiple wheels at the same time. The table is the same, and so are the rules. However, you can choose to play on several wheels. When you do, your single bet will be multiplied by the number of wheels you select. If you play on 5 wheels, you put in 5 times your bet and have 5 chances to win money, but also spend five times more money. As you can imagine, this is a very popular online roulette game, especially with high rollers.
Multiplayer/ Live roulette
If you want to get the feeling of playing at a land-based casino, you can even find live online roulette in the top-rated casinos. This is also a real money roulette variant, where you interact with other people that you can talk to while playing.
In the multiplayer version, you can see the profits that the opponents are making, learn from their strategies, and watch the entire event at a live casino interface.
How to Play Roulette: Game Rules
In case you haven’t played this game, you should know that this is a simple thing to learn. When you’ve played one variant, it’s easy to learn the rest. Here are some of the basic rules for playing roulette online:
- Place your bet on a number/ field on the table
- Place your bets BEFORE the betting session is closed
- In a live game, only the dealer touches the chips of players who lose and pays the winners
- Do not touch the winning number marker during playing sessions
Playing this game is as straightforward as it gets. You have a wheel that features black and red slots with numbers from 1 to 36, as well as one or two green slots for the zeroes (this depends on the variant that you’ve chosen).
There’s also a table that features the numbers and other sectors (which once again depends on the type of the roulette you’ve chosen). You can place the bets before the session is closed. After it is closed, the dealer will spin the wheel and throw in a ball. If it’s not a live version, this will happen automatically.
Regardless, the entire idea of playing is to guess the winning number. If the ball lands on yours, you get a payout.
As we mentioned, there are many sectors you can choose from. Therefore, there are different types of bets you can make. The two most general categories are:
- Inside bets are the wagers you make on numbers.
- Outside bets are the wagers you place on other sectors such as: odd/even, 10-18/ 19-36, red/ black, columns and dozens.
There are also the announced bets popular with French roulette and some European versions. Some of them include:
- Voisins du Zero or Neighbours of Zero (covers the zero and 7 numbers of each side of it)
- Le Tiers Du Cylindre (covers 12 numbers opposite of the Voisins du Zero area)
- Orphelins or Orphans (covers 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31, and 34)
- Jeu Zero or Zero (covers 3 neighbours of the zero on each side)
Best Strategies for Playing Roulette
Even if you know how to play roulette, you can always benefit from valuable roulette tips. Here are the most popular roulette strategies.
This strategy is played on a table with a small minimum and high maximum bets. You need to start small and place your wager on even or odd, black or red, or 1-18 or 19-36. When you win, you keep your cash for withdrawal and bet the same minimal wager.
- If you lose, you double the wager on the same bet.
- If you win the second bet, keep the cash for withdrawal and wager the original small bet.
You can also play this the reverse way. It’s called the Reverse Martingale strategy.
This is considered to be safer than the previous option. It’s best played with a small wager on the same options. But instead of doubling the wager, you increase it by one after you lose, decrease it by one after you win. The goal is to live when you have at least as many wins as you have losses.
- 🛡️ Is it legal to play online roulette in Canada?
- Yes, gambling at licensed casino sites is legalized.
- 💯 What is the payout on roulette?
- Payouts differ based on the type of bet you made. All odds are stated as x to 1. This means that you’ll win x cash for every dollar you bet. For example, a single number bet will offer 35 to 1 payout. This means that if you win, you get your dollar back, plus $35.
- 🎁 Can I get bonuses to play roulette?
- You sure can. Welcome bonuses are the major selling points for most Canadian casinos today. In most cases, the welcome bonus is a match bonus, often combined with free spins on slots games. There are casinos that offer no deposit promotions, too.
- 💸 What deposit methods can I use to play roulette in Canadian casinos?
- Top-rated CA casinos will allow you to use many methods and in some cases several currencies in addition to CAD. The most popular deposit methods are credit and prepaid cards, e-wallets, and wire transfers.