Online Poker Rooms – Everything to Know to Play Poker
500% up to $500
150% up to C$200
100% up to $200
An online poker room is a website where you can deposit and play online poker for real money games against other opponents. They provide a mixture of games such as cash games and tournaments. Most poker websites also offer other type of gambling such as sports betting or casino. Therefore, you can deposit and have more than one type of gambling action with a single bankroll.
Online poker rooms in Canada work in a similar fashion to casinos. Therefore, if you’ve played at one of those you will feel right at home here too. You can also find free online poker rooms where the action takes place with play chips.
TOP 5 online poker rooms in Canada where you can play
There are a lot of poker rooms that Canadians can enjoy, but there are 3 that have an amazing reputation in the industry. Here are the best options you can play right now:
- PokerStars: this is known as an industry leader where you can enjoy gambling action on a wide variety of games. The poker room consistently has the biggest player numbers and a rich selection of tournaments.
- 888: this poker room has one of the best welcome bonus offers in the business. There is a online poker rooms no deposit bonus that allows you to start off with a risk-free bankroll.
- Party Poker: this is another established poker room that’s available for Canadians. The room recently upgraded their setup so that HUD tracking is no longer possible.
- GG Poker: here you’ll find daily guaranteed tournaments of up to $100,000. The selection provides something for all player levels. Also, the simple user interface makes searching for poker games simple.
- iPoker: the iPoker network is not one poker website but a collection of 18. Join up through one of their websites and you’ll get to play against all players on the network.
The history of poker rooms
Decades ago poker was only available at casinos, but as the internet developed that all changed. During the first few years online poker was slowly rising in popularity. However, in 2003 Chris Moneymaker won the World Series of Poker Main Event in 2003 for $2.5 million. He won the entry to the $10,000 tournament with only a $86 satellite ticket.
This gave regular players the idea that if Chris could do it then anyone can. Consequently, there was a poker boom as the number of online players and poker rooms grew rapidly. Through poker personalities, development of various poker formats and marketing, poker has improved in popularity dramatically since then. The top online poker rooms are now better than ever before.
How to play at an online poker room in Canada
Start by choosing a poker room that is available to Canadians. You will need to create an account and click on the verification link in the first email you receive. Some poker rooms might have other unique verification methods. To enjoy real money games you will also need to submit a form of ID.
Also, you need to read the terms and conditions at a poker room. For example, you must be of a legal age to gamble. In Canada it is 18 or 19 years old depending on where you live. Read all the rules to make sure you don’t break any.
Poker room bonuses you can use in Canada
The most common bonuses at online poker you can use are welcome and reload bonuses. Choose a good welcome offer if you want to take advantage of extra winnings. You typically need to make a deposit to access those bonus offers.
Poker rooms also provide a loyalty program where you can receive rewards for regular play. With the reward points you can buy stuff such as tournament tickets or branded clothing.
Online poker rooms Canada – how to choose the right one
Choosing the top rated online poker rooms can be daunting if you don’t know what to look for. Here are the top things to think about:
- Games you can play: the poker room should offer the games that are of interest to you. For instance, live poker or if you like to play 6 handed poker tournaments, then look at the schedule to see if they are offered. Also, find out what the cash game traffic is like.
- Secure and safe: check to see if the room has a gaming license. Legitimate gambling establishments will have the right approval from governing bodies to offer games.
- Good bonuses: you are spoilt for choice when it comes to the selection of poker bonuses. Make sure to choose a room that offers a great bonus for you to play with. Compare the bonus offers so that you can end up winning more money.
- 👮 Is it legal to play online poker in Canada?
- Yes there are various legal online casino poker rooms. You must be 18 or 19 years old to enjoy the games depending on where you live. Also, check to see if the poker room has the right gaming license to offer games to the general public.
- 🎁 What steps must I take to activate a bonus at poker rooms?
- You usually need to enter a bonus code when making a deposit. Also, the size of the deposit amount may determine how much of a bonus you’ll get. Some poker websites require you to opt-in manually to receive a bonus. The process is similar to how you would get active bonuses at the top 10 online casinos in Canada.
- 💵 Where do I deposit to start playing at online poker rooms?
- Navigate to the cashier and follow the instructions. You need to pick the deposit method and select the amount you want to deposit.
- 💳 Which payment methods can be used in poker rooms?
- You can use deposit options such as Visa, MasterCard, bank transfer, PaySafeCard, Neteller and much more. Poker rooms are wildly open for the different payment methods to use.
- 🤔 What is the difference between a poker room and poker site?
- There is no real difference between a poker room or poker site. They are just two different ways of saying the same thing.