Best Canadian Slots with Progressive Jackpots Online
The Internet is full of success stories of people who’ve hit a casino jackpot or won a lottery. We bet that both scenarios seem pretty improbable to you. However, what would you say if we told you that big winnings are a real deal at Canadian online casinos? That there are players who’ve hit a casino’s progressive jackpot playing on the real money slot machines?
Of course, you’ll be interested in trying these games out by yourself. This is why the following review on progressive slots in Canada will be of exceptional help to you.
500% up to $500
150% up to C$200
100% up to $200
Differences Between a Progressive and a Non-progressive Jackpot
Online casino progressive slots indeed differ from regular slots with a fixed jackpot. The latter is set as a specific amount that remains the same over the course of the game no matter how many players are in this game. On the contrary, progressive jackpots are ever-growing that promise exciting gambling experience and Vegas-like winnings.
Non-progressive jackpot slots are safer to play as their RTG is higher. Yet, any progressive slot machine can boast with much higher payout rates.
Progressive Jackpot History
Progressive jackpots are more common in the gambling environment than fixed ones. However, they became so popular only one or two decades ago. At the same time, the principle of progressiveness was known in the gambling industry for quite a long time.
The transition from fixed prizes to progressive winnings in slot machines was slow. Algorithms and internet technologies combined with complex technical solutions enabled it. Before that, slots were known as games that promised pretty symbolic rewards.
The breakthrough happened in the 1980s when IGT utilized electronic slots that were able to generate huge prizes. Later, reels were replaced with computer screens and a new feature of random number generators were added. That enabled progressive jackpots to thrive in the future.
In the 1990s, IGT earned popularity as the most advanced and reliable software provider for slots, both with fixed and progressive jackpots. This company owns almost all slots with record-breaking winnings. Further technological development only strengthened its position.
Progressive Jackpot Slots: What Are They and How They Work?
Progressive jackpots slots do not stop growing when they reach some specified amount. They grow until somebody hits the right combination. The logic is pretty simple. The jackpot grows based on the player’s wagers. A certain percentage of your bet goes to the jackpot, while the remaining part can be used to spin.
The more people bet for this particular progressive slot, the higher is the amount to win. Jackpot never stops growing until somebody is lucky enough to strike the right combination and win it. However, the real progressive jackpot mechanism depends on its type.
Types of Progressive Jackpots
There are three main types of progressive jackpots at online casinos in Canada:
This type of slot machines can be found at live casinos as well as in real-life ones. Such slots are usually quite expensive to pay because the jackpot is built entirely on the money wagered on this particular machine.
Local progressives collect bets and stakes from a single casino. A network is built between different slot games and slot machines, but only players of this particular casino create the pool of money. Such jackpots are larger than in the case of standalone but are not huge.
Linked progressive means that several slot machines (online or real one) are linked to the same pool of money (jackpot). It grows based on wagers of gamblers playing different slots even at different casinos. The winnings at stake are much higher and the cost of playing is cheaper for every player.
Pros and Cons of Progressive Slots
Yet, everything is not so sweet about progressive casino slots. Remember that casinos want to make money too, and progressives are something that can help it.
Here are some pros and cons that will help you make an informed choice of whether to play slots with progressive jackpots or not.
Progressive Jackpot Features
Game Tips and Tricks
- Select the slots that fit your budget and game style.
- Do not bet on something you do not like.
- At the same time, if you find something that fits you best, it is very easy to get consumed by the game.
- Set your budget limits to be reasonable.
It is important to play the maximum number of reels because it increases your chances of winning. Also, the more you bet, the larger your winning will be.
The auto-play mode can also help you win any type of jackpot, is it a small one or a million.
Progressive jackpot slots are also known as millionaire makers. The very fact that the jackpot grows every second makes many gamblers bet more money and risk more. However, you should also remember that certain bonus features are available for progressives as well so that you could save your real money for good.
Both amateurs and experienced players should know that slots free spins awarded as a welcome bonus or reload bonus can be applied to certain progressive jackpot slots. Moreover, you can get the bonus in CAD and win millions – all you have to do is to make a deposit.
Our advice is the following. Before you choose one of the top 10 online casinos in Canada to play slots with a progressive jackpot, you’d better learn all the bonus and software features and try to maximize their value.
Winning Facts about Popular Progressive Slots
You’ll be right to request proof that progressive jackpot winnings are real. The following success stories will help you believe.
Mega Fortune Slot: 17,861,800 EUR
The biggest amount of money won to date belongs to a Finnish man in his 50s. He won it in Jan 2013 after placing a 0.25 eurocent bet. Of course, such luck was unexpected and unprecedented. The man could hardly believe that this amount will be paid out. Yet, after paying all taxes, the new millionaire’s life was about to change.
Mega Moolah Slot: 13.2 million GBP
Jonathan Heywood, a very lucky man from Cheshire in the UK, won this giant jackpot in October 2015. He was playing 0.25 GBP per spin for fun. As he admitted later, there was nothing about winnings in gambling that he considered probably. Yet, he won and spent most of it to treat his sick father.
Mega Fortune Slot: 11,736,375 EUR
A man from Norway won Mega Fortune’s second-largest jackpot in history in 2011. He decided to play several games when he suffered from insomnia. Before a new winner in 2013, this man was listed in the Guinness World Record as the winner of the largest casino jackpot in history.
Mega Fortune Slot: 9.57 million USD
Alexander from Sweden won around 10 million dollars in one night letting him pay off the entire mortgage. In addition, he and his wife were left with a pretty decent amount of cash. That money was enough to quit working and set off exploring the world together.
Mega Moolah Slot: 9.2 million USD
This Microgaming slot has turned lots of players into millionaires. Yet, one of the biggest wins ever went to a person who bet as little as $7.2 per spin. The player could not expect such a payout but quickly found where to invest this money.
The Best Progressive Jackpot Casino Slots in Canada
The following list will include online casinos in Canada that offer huge progressive jackpots and are powered by reliable software providers.
- JackpotCity (Rating: 5/5 and 1600 CAD bonus)
- Wildz Casino (Rating 4.5/5 and 500 CAD bonus+free spins)
- Go Wild (Rating 4.7/5 and 3,500 CAD bonus)
- Party Casino (Rating 4.8/5 and 500 CAD bonus)
- 888 Casino (Rating 5/5 and 1,500 CAD bonus)
- 🤑 How Big Can Progressive Jackpots Get?
- The biggest progressive jackpot ever won was 17.8 million EUR played on Mega Fortune by NetEnt. At that time, no one could expect that it would grow to a 7-figure amount. Thus, pretty much any jackpot of a lower or higher amount is possible. Its growth ends only when somebody wins.
- ☝ How can I improve my chances of winning?
- It is impossible to predict whether you’ll win the jackpot or not. A lot here depends on your luck. However, you can improve your chances of winning. First of all, do not panic. Psychology can really affect your critical thinking. Secondly, analyze the odds. It makes sense to look for overdue jackpots that have not seen winners for a long time. You’ll be playing with the same probability but for much higher stakes. Do your research on progressive jackpots and winnings. You may find some patterns between the winning dates and the corresponding amounts. Based on this data, you can plan your strategy. Thirdly, look for bonus features to minimize the real cash you bet. Different rewards and promos can make your winning even a bigger triumph. At the same time, read about all wagering requirements and withdrawal limitations to be prepared for any situation. Be critical and analyze the situation. Play slots with overdue jackpots and build your own strategy. Sometimes, luck comes with a lot of thinking and planning.
- 📱 Do mobile casino sites provide progressive jackpot slots?
- Of course. Since mobile gambling is developing rapidly, most of the features available in instant-play versions are now available in mobile apps. Mobile-friendly website versions can also help you win big as they work just like desktop versions.
- 💸 How often gamblers win progressive jackpots?
- Surprisingly, a lucky person can really win the biggest progressive jackpot. It is real, and it happens more often than you may think. The industry knows the example when 12 different jackpots were won in 24 hours. If you do your research, you’ll definitely find out that someone hit the 6-figure jackpot this week.